NATURALLY SWEETENED: PISTACHIO, POMEGRANATE AND SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE BARK!
Just because the holidays are over, doesn’t mean the treats have to stop. Moderation and delicious, nourishing treats using natural sweeteners is what’s going to see this family through a lifetime of enjoying sweets and treats! I made a rather obscene amount of this bark for a NYE party, although it’s definitely something to be enjoyed any time, because DARK CHOCOLATE. SALTED dark chocolate. With PISTACHIOS and POMEGRANATE SEEDS. I mean, seriously.
- 7 ounces of dark chocolate pieces
- ¾ cup of creamed, raw unpasteurized honey
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (watch this amazing video on how to de-seed a pomegranate QUICKLY, with minimal mess and effort. Seriously, this changed my life.)
- 1½ cups of unsalted pistachios
- 1½ teaspoons flaked Himalayan sea salt
- Place the chocolate chunks into a large metal bowl that fits over a pot of simmering water nice and snug. They key here is that you don't want water touching the bowl or to let any steam escape. If that happens, you're chocolate can seize and/or clump, ending in disaster, which has happened to me once. No fun. You also don't want the chocolate to get heated up over 120 degrees, so keep the water simmering, NOT boiling. Add in the honey and stir until melted, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from heat and gently stir in half of the pomegranate seeds and pistachios and pour the dark chocolate onto your parchment lined cookie sheet(s).
- Spread the mixture around with a spatula corner to corner, edge to edge and sprinkle the rest of your pomegranate seeds and pistachios on top, finishing of with the flaked sea salt.
- Chill in the fridge until solid and crack into pieces. Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge between layers of parchment paper, I like it best cold!
This little one couldn’t wait to get in on the tasting. She kept asking for more! More!