Salted Caramel Superfood Frappuccino
When one is craving a hit of something sweet and salty one downs a salted caramel something or other. That used to be one of my fave treats from Starbucks and no more. My version has 16 grams of protein, probiotics, adaptagens, super foods like maca root, chia and goji berry (to name a few of the 70) and the vitamin equivalent of 5 dense green bowls of salads. Just a wee bit better, yea? Plus, it isn’t full of sugar and artificial ingredients.
If you’re craving something decadent, you don’t have to indulge and pay for it with having consumed a ton of fat and calories as well as a bunch of crap. I think the shining glory on this here frothing cup of goodness is that the salted caramel sauce is made with medjool dates, hot water, coconut oil and pink himalayan sea salt. That’s it. Faux caramel sauce without (once again) a ton of crap. And damn, but it tastes good. So there’s also that …
- "CARAMEL" SAUCE GARNISH - this will make a full bottle. Y'know those BPA-FREE ones you can now get at the dollar-store! Toss it in the fridge and use it as a topping on banana ice cream, some greek yogurt and berries or to sweeten raw desserts!
- 8 dates
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup of hot filtered water
- 2 tsp. pink himalayan sea salt
- 1 tbsp. organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 8 ice cubes
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 4 oz. cold coffee
- 1 scoop vegan chocolate shakeology
- 2 drops of caramel extract
- wee dash of pink himalayan sea salt
- Make the sauce first by blending the dates in a high powered bad boy with the coconut oil, salt, water until you've made a creamy gel. Pour into a squeezie bottle and chill. Toss in ice to chill quickly in a pinch.
- Next it's as simple as blending the ice, cold coffee, coconut milk, shakeO, caramel extract and sea salt in the blender and whizz on high until creamy and smooth! Drizzle with the chilled caramel sauce and sprinkle with some more pink himalayan sea salt and SLURRRRP!