The Benefits of Dry Skin Brushing and Why You Should Start Too!
I’m all about self-care, if that hasn’t been made abundantly clear already. The raw ritual of it, the holistic, regenerative benefits … they’re all too rewarding in how I live and enjoy enjoy each day not too.
When I’m taking care of and working my body, feeding it goodness, slathering it in goodness … not only do I look better, but I’m less stressed. My well is replenished. Plain and simple. If you haven’t heard about dry skin brushing, you’re about to. Or maybe you have and you’ve wondered what it’s all about or could give not one single fak.
In any case, I’m here to proclaim that I love me some dry skin brushing and I thought some of you might to. So below I’ll tell you why it is indeed the BOMBDIGGITY and how you can do it up …
The benefits of dry skin brushing include:
- Increased circulation to the skin helping reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Helps shed dead skin cells (and encourages new cell renewal), which results in smoother and brighter skin. Helps with those annoying ingrown hairs too!
- Assists in improving vascular blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. Releases toxins, encouraging the body’s discharge of metabolic wastes.
- Rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in skin.
- Helps with muscle tone aiding to evenly distribute fat deposits.
- Helps your skin absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.
- Start on dry skin before bathing.
- Work in gentle circular, upward motions, then longer, smoother strokes.
- Begin at the ankles in upwards movements towards the heart. Your lymphatic fluid flows through the body towards the heart, so you want to follow that natural flowing direction.
- Your back is the only exception to the above rule: brush from the neck down to the lower back.
- Move from the ankles up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms. Never brush over inflamed skin, sores, sun-burnt skin, or skin cancer.
- Showering after is a must, to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities.
Follow it up with a hydrating moisturizer to nourish the skin, like this one!